Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
We're not even close to missing dairy when we're enjoying this seriously scrumptious ice cream.
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 4-6 hours
- 1 cup of your favorite milk alternative
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons grade B maple syrup or honey
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
- Favorite toppings (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth
- Put in ice cream maker and follow your manufacture’s instructions (ours took 20-30 minutes)
- Freeze for at least 2-4 hours
- Serve plain or with your favorite toppings
- Tip: Don’t worry if it tastes too sweet after blending, after it’s frozen the flavors will mellow out.