Crispy skin, moist meat what more could you want from a chicken?
- 4-5 pound organic chicken
- 3 tablespoons oil/fat
- Sea salt/pepper
- Fresh fruit, vegetables and/or herbs for chicken’s cavity (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- Evenly rub oil, salt and pepper over entire chicken
- Place chicken breast side up in a skillet or frying pan
- Fill cavity with fruit, vegetables and herbs
- Bake chicken for 15 minutes
- Lower temperature to 375ºF and bake another 1 hour 10-20 minutes or until throughly cooked (usually 10-15 minutes per pound)
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes before serving
- Tip: Be very generous when rubbing salt into the chicken before it’s cooked, this is the only time it’s being seasoned.