Roasted Beets and Brussel Sprouts
Roasted veggies are some of my favorite dishes and these are no exception.
- 2-3 cups brussel sprouts, stems removed and halved
- 3 large beets, peeled and chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons fat/oil
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Toss brussel sprouts and beets in fat/oil, salt and pepper
- Evenly spread brussel sprouts and beets on baking sheet
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes until tender
- Tip: There’s this moment when the brussel sprouts and beets are technically tender and edible but if you let the just go a little bit longer maybe 5-10 minutes the beets become a lot sweeter. In the picture above if you can tell the edges of most of the beets look almost like a deep purple/brown that’s what it should look like.
- Serve warm