Maple Cinnamon Brittle
This is a delicious treat during the holidays and can be shared in mason jars for perfect holiday gift!
- 2 cups maple syrup
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons duck fat or butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- pinch himalayan pink salt
- In medium saucepan combine maple syrup, duck fat and salt
- Keep over medium heat until syrup reaches the hard crack stage (candy thermometer read 290-300ºF or syrup forms a brittle thread when dropped into cold water)
- Then stir in walnuts, cinnamon and cloves, make sure to leave in long enough to bring the temperature back up if it went down
- Pour into 9×13 inch pan, lined with parchment paper, smooth and spread out in the pan.
- Set aside and let cool for a couple hours
- Once cooled gently turn over pan and ease out the brittle
- *For a thinner brittle, spread out brittle on a large piece of parchment paper on a flat heat-resistant surface until desired thickness, leave until fully cooled.