Hot chocolate without the chocolate.
- Dairy-free milk of choice (we used our homemade hemp seed milk)
- Carob powder
- Maple Syrup
- Heat the milk over low heat in a saucepan on the stove
- Mix in carob powder (I think we usually end up using 1 scoop of a regular spoon per cup of milk, but we like ours kinda strong, so you can start off with half a scoop and add more to taste.)
- Mix in honey and maple syrup. You can use just one of these or both, I like to use either both or just maple syrup, it’s up to you. I think what I’ve learned is don’t be afraid to put in more then what you might deem as healthy. Let’s face it this is a special holiday/cold-weather beverage that is worth a little extra sugar. Just make it taste good!
- You can also mix this in after it’s off the stove top, my husband and kids like it sweeter than I do so they end up putting a little extra syrup in theirs.
- Remove from stove top once it’s heated up to your liking and serve immediately