Honey Ginger Chews
Great for digestion, motion sickness, colds and sore throats and tasty!
- 1 cup grated ginger
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup local honey
- In a medium saucepan combine ginger and water
- Bring to a boil and then simmer covered for 30 minutes
- After the ginger has simmered strain out the tea and set aside, you can compost the ginger or do whatever you would like with it.
- In a large saucepan combine honey and 1/2 – 3/4 cup of the ginger tea (3/4 is very spicy, so if you want it less spicy use 1/2 cup)
- Cook honey and tea over medium-high heat until it reaches 260ºF, takes about 30 minutes (the best way to tell if it’s done is to fill a large cup with cold water and drop a little bit of the honey/ginger into it, take it out and try it, once it’s reached the right consistency it’s done. It should be a bit chewy, more like a caramel than a hard candy.)
- Spread out on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper
- Once it’s cooled a bit you can start rolling them into bite size pieces and wrapping them in parchment paper. This makes it easy to take them on the road with you.
- They’ll keep for months in the freezer.