Homemade Laundry Detergent
It’s a recipe, but not quite. That’s right we’re branching out!
- 2 bars of soap of choice (4-5 ounces each), you can literally use any soap you want, but for a eco-friendly, vegan and coconut-free option Kiss my face’s pure olive oil bar soap is a good choice, you can find it here. (This is the soap shown in the picture.)
- 2 cups washing soda, like this
- 2 cups borax
- 1-2 tablespoons added to each load for freshness (optional)
- Chop soap bars and combine with washing soda and borax in food processor
- Blend until soap is finely chopped and and throughly mixed
- Wait for the detergent to settle a bit before taking off the food processor’s lid
- Use 2-3 tablespoons per load
*Instead of using a food processor you can grate the bars of soap with a cheese/potato grater and hand mix with the washing soda and borax.